Thursday 29 January 2009

Thirteen ThingsAbout... Me!



Ciao a tutti! (That's Italian for "Hi, everybody!")

I was caught short again this week, so I decided to do one of those little ol' "Meme" things that gets sent around every so often.
I know, you're just fascinated to learn 13 Things About... Me! So let's jump on in, starting with the basics...

1) I'm an aspiring writer. That means, basically, that I haven't been published. Yet. I think this is my year, though!

2) I'm 37 years old, and married to a younger man. A younger, Italian man. Okay, in the interest of full disclosure, I should say that he's only a year-and-a-half younger, but it sounds better when I say it the other way, don't you think?

What a cutie!!! I wub him to bits!

3) I live in Italy and have been here for the last five years.

4) My Italian is still terrible. (I'm a slow learner, but I can make myself understood.)

5) I'm currently writing my first story set in Venice.

6) I had previously sworn that I would *never* write a story set there.

7) I had to come to Italy to understand that whole "Men in uniform" thing for myself.

I totally get it, now.

8) In the last year I have developed an almost unnatural fondness for rugby.

Can you blame me???

9) However, I still love road cycling. Still!

Look at those legs!!!! Can you blame me here, either?

10) I will watch Kim Rossi Stuart in anything. AN-Y-THING!


11) I'm one of those nerds who laughs hysterically at LOL cats. Not all of them, but a lot of them.

C'mon! This is funny!

12) While writing my current WIP, I have been listening obsessively to the Italian rock band, Subsonica. They are made of AWESOME, y'all!


13) I'm still obsessed with Samuele Bersani, though. He makes me feel all melty, and stuff, when I listen to his music. Or look at him. And my hubby is cool with that. Ain't the hubby great???

Samuele gets two pics. Always!





And you know, that rugby obsession really pays off...










I mean, "Hel-loooo!"














We all know how I got into this mess in the first place!












God bless the "Dieux du Stade!"

Guillaume Bousses - Rugby Player

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun list. Can't wait to hear you Sqeee!! celebrating your first contract. Happy T13!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

I love this, Ms. Menozzi!!!!! And your hubby is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous. I have ALWAYS wanted to tour Italy. I hope to someday. Happy Thursday! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Lucky woman, going from East Tennessee to Italy. Hubby is a cutie. But how you you concentrate with all that man candy around.

Ms Menozzi said...

Adelle - you'll hear me Squee! no doubt about it! ;)

Jennifer - Yes, he is, isn't he? Heh.

Stephanie - when you head over here, let me know. The hubby and I will arrange a local tour for ya!

Lia - how do I concentrate? Indeed! I'm lucky to have a hubby who lets me "enjoy the scenery" if you know what I mean...

Inez Kelley said...

I could take a few men in uniform right now.


http://talesfromthecrit.wordpress.com/

Paige Tyler said...

I'm with you on the rugby! LOL!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Has it really been 5 years? I don't know why I thought you had moved there only a year or two ago.

I'll bet the story set in Vince comes out great.

Heather said...

Great post - I hope you get "Squeee" moment this year.

BTW, if Chicago gets the 2016 summer games, guess whose city northwest of Chicago will host the cycling races? *VBG*

Shelley Munro said...

Great list, Ms. Menozzi! I'm so happy that rugby season is about to start again down this end of the world. Who wants to watch that dreadful cricket game anyhow?

And I'm so with you about the uniform thing. :)

Alexia Reed said...

Great list!