Ciao a tutti! (That's Italian for "Hi, everybody!")
I know, you're just fascinated to learn 13 Things About... Me! So let's jump on in, starting with the basics...
1) I'm an aspiring writer. That means, basically, that I haven't been published. Yet. I think this is my year, though!
2) I'm 37 years old, and married to a younger man. A younger, Italian man. Okay, in the interest of full disclosure, I should say that he's only a year-and-a-half younger, but it sounds better when I say it the other way, don't you think?
3) I live in Italy and have been here for the last five years.
4) My Italian is still terrible. (I'm a slow learner, but I can make myself understood.)
5) I'm currently writing my first story set in Venice.
6) I had previously sworn that I would *never* write a story set there.
9) However, I still love road cycling. Still!
10) I will watch Kim Rossi Stuart in anything. AN-Y-THING!
11) I'm one of those nerds who laughs hysterically at LOL cats. Not all of them, but a lot of them.
12) While writing my current WIP, I have been listening obsessively to the Italian rock band, Subsonica. They are made of AWESOME, y'all!
13) I'm still obsessed with Samuele Bersani, though. He makes me feel all melty, and stuff, when I listen to his music. Or look at him. And my hubby is cool with that. Ain't the hubby great???
And you know, that rugby obsession really pays off...
I mean, "Hel-loooo!"
We all know how I got into this mess in the first place!