If your life were a movie, what would the soundtrack be?
Open your music library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod). Put it on shuffle. Press play. For every section, type the song that's playing. Next section : press the next button. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool. Play it as it comes up.
1. Opening Credits: "Meraviglia" (which means "Wonderful")(Samuele Bersani) Hmmm... Interesting choice to start with, iPod... But I can imagine it working really well. :)
2. Waking Up: "Hammering In My Head" (Garbage) LOL! "I'm stressed but you're freestyle /
I'm overworked but I'm undersexed /I must be made of concrete /I sign my name across your chest " LOL!
3. Falling in Love: "Big Julie" (Jarvis Cocker) "She's by herself again/ in the quiet secret night/ below the neighbor's window/ hands in pockets/ head on one side..."
4. Breaking Up: "Hello Goodbye" (the Beatles) How perfect is that? LOL!
5. Life's Okay: "Beneath the Blue Sky" (the Go-Go's) Make of it what you will... ;)
6. Mental Breakdown: "Beauty Mark" (Charlotte Gainsbourg) It's moody enough to work, for sure...
7. Flashback: "Se Ti Convincerai" ("If You Will Convince Yourself")(Samuele Bersani) - "If you will convince yourself, my love/ with calm I will give to you/ my whole list of excuses/ comprised of those which not even I have known..."
8. Getting Back Together: "Hungry Like the Wolf" (Duran Duran) - now that's random!
9. Wedding: "One Slip" (Pink Floyd) - Another utterly random one, but it begins with these lines: "A restless eye across a weary room/ A glazed look, and I was on the road to ruin/ the music played and played as we whirled without end/ no hint, no word/ her honor to defend..." Sounds more like a love scene song, to me...then again, it eventually talks about an unplanned pregnancy, so...
10. Birth of Child: "Love and Anger" (Kate Bush) "It lay buried here/ It lay deep inside me/ It's so deep I don't think that I can speak about it..."
11. Final Battle: "Ragazzo dell'Europa" ("Boy of Europe") (Gianna Nannini) It has a rather plodding, weary beat and lots of '80s style guitars... Still, a bit too random, I guess.
12. Death Scene: "Un Matto" ("A Fool") (Fabrizio de Andrè) - I confess, I don't know this one really well, but it's a perky tune. :)
13. Ending Credits: "Up the Khyber" (Pink Floyd) OMG! LOL! It's an instrumental, but - nasty potential double meanings aside - it could totally work as a closing theme. Hmmm...
Wow, this was fun! Thanks for posting it, Gina! :)